Benefits of Yoga
There are many spiritual and physical benefits from regularly practicing yoga. These include:
- Creates time for spiritual meditation.
- Improves self-control through stillness and allows better focus on spiritual thoughts.
- Creates a mindfulness that carries through other parts of your life, such as diet.
- Makes you feel younger and better by releasing serotonin and destroying cortisol, a stress-hormone.
- Prevents lower back pain and injuries by making muscles more supple.
- Increases bone density while improving muscle tone.
- Increases oxygen levels through deep breathing.
- Twisting and movement allows organs to detox.
- Increases athletic ability by helping achieve better rotation.
- Improves balance and coordination for the user.
- Aligns bones and joints through movement.
“If you’re a yoga enthusiast, you’ll be pleased to know that a 10-year-long study published in Topics in Geriatric Rehabilitation showed that a 12-minute daily yoga routine increased bone mineral density in the spine, femur (thigh bone), and possibly the hips.”